This muffin recipe from chef Dan Barber and the Blue Hill Restaurant team was created to compliment the launch of their savory vegetable yogurts. Several other mouthwatering recipes and videos can be found on their website bluehillyogurt.com.
Blue Hill Carrot Oatmeal Muffin Recipe
Moist and bursting with carrots, these muffins aren’t just for breakfast.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 (6-ounce) containers Blue Hill Yogurt – Carrot
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely grated carrots (from about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup raisins, currants or golden raisins
- Special equipment: 2 muffin pans, each with 12 (1/2 cup) muffin cups; 18 cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 350˚F with racks in middle and lower third.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a second bowl, whisk together yogurt, eggs, honey, oil and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, then stir to combine well. Gently but thoroughly fold in carrots and raisins.
- Line 18 muffin cups with liners, then divine batter among prepared cups, filling each cup about three-quarters full. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, until a wooden pick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Turn out onto a rack to cool.