At last brownies for the whole crowd! Enjoy gluten-free and fat-free rich, dark chocolate brownies with this simple organic rice flour recipe. Chocolate is known to boost moods. Not sure what to bring along to that picnic, party, potluck or movie night? How about brownies that are sure to please everyone because of the following wet and dry ingredients:Wet ingredients:
1/3 Organic applesauce
1 Cup unrefined organic brown sugar
1 free-range egg
2 teaspoons pure vanilla essence
1 Cup organic rice or brownrice flour
2/3 Cup of organic cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon Xanthan gum (available at healthfood shops)
To add last: 2/3 Cup hot organic coffee
Mixing and baking methods:
- Preheat over to 350 F.
- If you have organic olive oil spray the baking dish needs to be coated for easier serving later.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a bowl by hand with a wooden spoon
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl except the coffee
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients and mix into a thick paste
- Add the coffee and mix well by hand with a wooden spoon. You will have
- a thick, sticky mixture
- Pour the mix into the greased dish and spread out evenly
- Bake for 30 minutes then turn the oven off and let brownies cool
- Remove and cut into squares and serve warm
Recipe above adapted from www.Naturefresh.co.za as we subbed applesauce for butter and left out the nuts.