I’ve been loving the storage carrots that I’ve been getting from a local farm this winter. They’re so sweet that I’ve mainly been using them in desserts like vegan carrot cookies or carrot-orange muffins.
Makes about 1 1/4 cup of sauce.
- 1/4 cup neutral oil such as peanut or canola oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white or yellow miso
- 2 medium carrots, cut into big pieces
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and cut into coins
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro or chopped scallions (optional)
Put the first five ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until the mixture is chunky smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.
Toss a few spoonfuls (or more, depending on how saucy you like things) into your pasta or grain. Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro.
Image courtesy of vasta via a Creative Commons license.