Broccoli Fried Rice (a reader recipe)
Broccoli Fried Rice
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup all vegetables (carrot, capsicum, spring onion, peas, cabbage)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 eggs (Ed. Note: To make this recipe vegan, toss 1/2 cup crumbled tofu with 1 teaspoon soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric to replace the egg.)
- Boil rice and drain water, set aside. Chop half florets into small pieces and leave few.
- In a wok pour oil and saute big florets of broccoli for few mins, take it out and pour egg beaten eggs, just scramble them and take them out.
- Add onion in the same oil, saute it for few seconds.
- Add all vegetables and spices stir fry on high flame, mix in rice and toss them with vegetables. In the end add egg and broccoli, serve hot.