Published on July 28th, 2014 | by The Green Divas0
Homemade Salsa with Artichokes and Olives for Meatless Monday
Try this Meatless Monday recipe for homemade salsa with artichoke and olives!
Who doesn’t love salsa?
Artichoke hearts and olives produce a delicious briny flavor which comes to life when mixed with the sweet Italian pairing of roma tomatoes and fresh basil. Try this contemporary homemade salsa with baked pita chips or cut up veggies.
Homemade Salsa with Artichoke and Olives
- One 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Mix the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, red onion, olives, garlic and basil together in a medium sized bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the grated cheese into the salsa if using. Add enough olive oil so that the salsa reaches desired consistency.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before serving, or until flavors have melded to preference.
- Calories 27.8
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 101.7 mg
- Potassium 148.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Protein 1.1g
- Sugars 3.9g