Published on October 22nd, 2013 | by Reader Recipe0
Reader Recipe: Sensational Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
From Swanson Chicken Broth carton… so good I have to share.
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Editor’s note: This recipe calls for Swanson broth, which we wouldn’t normally recommend since those chickens were likely raised in a factory farm environment. We’d suggest choosing any brand of free range or cage free broth you like or homemade broth in place of the Swanson broth that this recipe calls for.
Prep time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 25 minutes; Yield: 4 servings
- 4 cups Swanson Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness OR Certified Organic)
- Generous dash ground black pepper
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup UNCOOKED extra wide egg noodles
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken OR turkey
- Heat broth, black pepper, carrot and celery in 2-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
- Stir noodles and chicken in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 10 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
Image Credit: Soup photo via Shutterstock
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!