Published on November 16th, 2009 | by Rachel Venokur-Clark2
Meatless Mondays: Vegan Dessert- Chunky Peanut Chocolate Chip Blondies
We all need a little sweetness in our lives sometimes. Every once in a while, you should be able to fully enjoy a sweet, gooey, chocolatey and delicious dessert without any feelings of guilt and remorse. With the holidays around the corner, finding vegan desserts that actually taste good and have some redeeming nutritional qualities can be difficult. Look no further! For all you vegan dessert lovers out there, bring this recipe to your next holiday gathering and even the carnivores will be licking their plates clean.
Chunky Peanut Chocolate Chip Blondie’s
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30-35 min
Yields: 12 or 15 servings
1 ¼ cup Sucanat or other dry sweetener
¼ cup Safflower Oil
¾ cup Silken Tofu
¼ cup Soy Milk
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 ¼ cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
¾ teaspoon Baking Powder
¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
½ cup roughly chopped roasted and salted Peanuts
½ cup Chocolate Chips
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Mix together all the dry ingredients, except the peanuts and chocolate chips, in a large bowl and set aside.
3) In a blender, combine all the wet ingredients until creamy.
4) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine.
5) Gently fold in the peanuts and chocolate chips.
6) Pour mixture into a well oiled 7×11-baking tin.
7) Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the blondie comes out clean.
8) Let cool for about 10 minutes before cutting into 12 or 15 squares
Photo Credit: Emseearr at Flickr for Creative Commons