Published on February 7th, 2013 | by Reader Recipe4
Reader Recipe: Mamma Chia Banana Breakfast Muffin
by Sage Gordon
Got a healthy recipe that you’d like to share? Head over to our Submit a Recipe page!
A delicious way to enjoy a daily dose of chia seeds for breakfast, the Mamma Chia Banana Breakfast Muffins incorporate the popular chia seed drink, Mamma Chia, for a sweet, fruity – and healthy – treat!
Mamma Chia Banana Breakfast Muffin
- 1 1/2 cups organic whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup organic oats
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 1/4 cup organic agave nectar
- 1/4 cup organic almond butter
- 1 cup organic banana (mashed)
- 1 bottle Raspberry Passion Mamma Chia
- In a small bowl whisk together agave nectar, almond butter, mashed banana, and Mamma Chia (all wet ingredients). In a medium bowl combine wheat pastry flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon (dry ingredients). Add wet to dry and mix until evenly moistened.
- For smaller muffins, divide evenly into a 12 cup muffin tin. Can also make 10 large muffins in larger muffin tin. Paper muffin cups recommended.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 18 minutes, until a wooden toothpick comes out clean.
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!