Published on January 15th, 2013 | by Reader Recipe3
Reader Recipe: Kale and Apple Salad
by Andrea @Vibrant Wellness Journal
Got a healthy recipe that you’d like to share? Head over to our Submit a Recipe page!
This is a great cool weather salad featuring a mixture of sweet, roasted root vegetables and a refreshing mix of raw greens and apples!
Kale and Apple Salad
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 cups finely diced carrots
- 2 cups finely diced celery or fennel
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups Lacinato kale, destemmed and sliced thinly
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups shredded apple
- 1 cup finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl toss together carrots, celery/fennel, leeks, olive oil and salt and pepper. Pour onto a lined, rimmed baking sheet. Heat oven to 400Âº and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Set aside to cool.
- In a very large bowl toss kale with 1 Tablespoon lemon juice. Using your hands, massage until bright green and wilted.
- Add apple, cabbage, and almonds to kale. Drizzle with remaining Tablespoon lemon juice, olive oil, and vinegar, and toss to combine. Toss in cooked vegetables and stir. Serve immediately! Enjoy!
Use the buttons to connect with EDB on some of your favorite social networks!