Top Food Jobs, Week of May 30
It’s time again for our weekly sustainable food jobs series in partnership with our sister site: Green Job Post. Every week, we share some select listings in this space. The site has listings for more food jobs, and there’s a great section of sustainable food jobs, if you’d like to browse more listings.
Top Sustainable Food Jobs of the Week
1. Installation Manager: Green City Growers – As the leader of the operations crew, the Operations Manager directs the installation of all raised beds, trellises, pest fences, irrigation systems and related products we provide our clients to successfully grow fruit and vegetables in the city. The Installation Manager works in conjunction with the Director of Operations to ensure all orders are installed in a timely and efficient manner. He or she oversees the crew and delegates tasks in-shop and on-site to ensure products are installed to meet or exceed client expectations.
2. Master Grower: Mechanical Moon – The Master Grower is a key hire. We are looking for a bold and innovative farmer, plant scientist, horticulturist or botanist to work with our innovative soil-less growing technology and identify best-of-breed techniques for growing a variety of different crops.
3. Sustainable Agriculture Project Coordinator: National Center for Appropriate Technology – The National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT) is seeking an experienced manager to develop and coordinate sustainable agriculture projects. NCAT is a private non-profit organization whose work includes nationally recognized projects in food, agriculture, and energy such as ATTRA, the national sustainable agriculture information service, and the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program Clearinghouse (LIHEAP). The position will be located in NCAT’s Headquarters Office in Butte, Montana. This is an exciting new position for an experienced project manager to help NCAT’s Sustainable Agriculture Program Manager develop and direct projects nationwide. The position is located in NCAT’s Butte, MT, office.
4. Sales Representative: Community Grains – Community Grains is a small fast growing company based in Oakland, CA, offering a variety of whole grain flours, dried pastas and corn polentas. All our grains and products are 100% grown, milled and manufactured in California, and distributed nationally. We sustain relationships with farmers, millers, bakers, cooks, and eaters to expand our community, share knowledge and create a local whole grain economy that makes sense for everyone. If that sounds like something you’d like to be a part of we’d love you to join our team!
5. CSA Outside Sales Representative: Farm Fresh To You – In 1976 our parents, Kathleen Barsotti and Martin Barnes, graduate students at UC Davis, borrowed money from their parents to buy 20 acres of property in Capay Valley. Today, we continue to grow our family on the farm, encouraging strong roots for a better food and agriculture system for all.
Image copyright Rawpixel.com