Published on May 10th, 2011 | by Becky Striepe0
Leftover Rice Salad (vegan recipe!)
Whether you ordered Chinese delivery or just overestimated how much rice you needed with your meal, that leftover rice is a great base for a simple lunchtime salad. This dish is super duper flexible. Feel free to leave out or add pretty much anything that strikes your fancy!
Leftover Rice Salad
- 1c cooked rice
- handful chopped mushrooms
- handful chopped scallions
- handful nuts, your choice (May I recommend cashews?)
- handful chopped baby bok choy, spinach, or other greens that you like raw
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2T sesame oil
- 1T rice wine vinegar
- hot sauce, to taste
- 2T nutritional yeast
- 1t tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2t grated ginger
- Combine all of the ingredients, mixing well. You can eat this right away or stash it away for lunch the next day. The rice will get hard if it’s in the fridge for too long, so don’t let it sit for more than one day.
Want more ideas recipes leftover rice? Check out these leftover rice ideas.
Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by myklroventine
This was a cross-post from Glue and Glitter, my personal site where I document my crafting and cooking adventures!
Keep up with the latest sustainable food news by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!