If you’re tired of the same old traditional Thanksgiving recipes, try spicing up your menu with these ethnic vegetarian and vegan dishes.
1. Moroccan Carrot Salad (vegan) – Quick, easy, colorful, and flavorful.
2. Tunisian Winter Squash Salad With Coriander and Harissa (vegan) – This African salad would make a spicy start to Thanksgiving dinner.
3. Mod Mex Cranberry Sauce (vegan) – A spicy take on the classic cranberry sauce.
4. Thai-spiced Pumpkin Soup (vegan) – A gorgeous dish – your guests will never believe how ridiculously easy it was to make. A good candidate to make in advance and then reheat.
5. Acorn Squash Quesadillas with Tomatillo Salsa – Perfect as a vegetarian appetizer.
6. Curried Lentils and Sweet Potatoes (vegan) – This Indian-inspired dish is delicious at room-temperature, meaning that you can make it in advance.
8. Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burrito (vegan) – This recipe from the Moosewood Restaurant is a great idea for a meatless main-course. You can make these burritos ahead of time and then reheat in the oven before serving.
9. Pumpkin Pie From Lesbos – An incredibly rich, Greek-style pumpkin pie made with phyllo and cheese. An impressive dessert.
10. Belize-Style Sweet Potato Pudding (vegan) – This rich tropical pudding is delicious warm, but you can also make it in advance and serve it chilled.