New Potato and Asparagus Salad with Mustard Dressing
- 1 pound new potatoes, washed
- 4 ounces thin asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard (wholegrain or smooth)
- pinch sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the new potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Then reduce the heat to medium so that the potatoes simmer gently for 12-15 minutes, depending on their side. Test them with a fork to make sure they are definitely cooked through. Then drain them and set aside to cool.
- Simmer the asparagus in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 2-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Drain, halve crosswise, and cool.
- To make dressing, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and Dijon mustard together, and season with a pinch of sea salt and some black pepper.
- Place the new potatoes and asparagus in a medium salad bowl, pour the dressing over them and gently toss together well. Ready to serve.