For a great breakfast, bake a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread and power-up with a healthy sweet treat full of wholesome goodness.
Bake this quickbread the night before for a special breakfast treat, or serve it after dinner with tea or hot chocolate. The recipe is vegan, but omnivores will enjoy it just the same.
Vegan Cinnamon Raisin Breakfast Bread Recipe
- 1 & 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup raisins, soaked in 1/4 cup apple or orange juice
- 1 & 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds, mixed with 6 tablespoons of water (or egg replacer equivalent to 2 eggs)
- 1/4 cup soy, almond, or hempseed milk
Preheat the oven to 350° F, and grease and flour a loaf pan.
Mix the first seven ingredients well in a big bowl. Add the applesauce, oil, flax mixture, and soy milk, and stir well. Mix in the raisins and juice.
Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 45 – 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from the pan and let it cool.
This quickbread makes a great toast and complements any breakfast!
More Vegan Recipes:
- Kid-Friendly Vegan Recipes: Organic Skillet Corn Bread
- Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes: Organic Cashew Golden Gravy
- Vegan Mint Chocolate Cake (With a Surprise Ingredient)
- Fall Harvest Recipe: Amazing Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Tofu Pumpkin Pie