Vegan Meal Plan
To kick you off, here are a few days of vegan meal ideas! This menu uses a lot of the staples listed on the previous page with a few extras.
- breakfast: oatmeal with sliced banana and a little (optional) brown sugar or maple syrup. If you’re trying to get more protein, make the oats with soy milk instead of water.
- lunch: tofu salad sandwich. Try Tanya’s Greek tofu salad on toasted bread or stuffed into a whole grain pita!
- supper: greens and beans! You can use this crock pot recipe or make these on the stove top. I like my greens and beans served over some yummy vegan mashed potatoes (with or without gravy)
- snack: grab an orange, a handful of roasted cashews, or spread a little peanut butter onto whole grain crackers
- breakfast: non-dairy yogurt with a handful of almonds and your favorite dried fruit
- lunch: I bet you have some of that tofu salad left over! This time, serve it up over salad greens instead of in a sandwich.
- supper: cook up a hearty pot of soup, like this kale and potato soup, and serve with some homemade garlic bread. Making garlic bread is super simple! Just spread some good bread with Earth Balance (or drizzle with olive oil), throw a clove of minced garlic on each slice, and pop it in the toaster. Bam!
- snack: dip crackers, pita triangles, or fresh veggies into store-bought or homemade hummus.
- breakfast: tofu scramble! This is not what I’d call a quick breakfast, but it is a versatile one. This recipe is a good jumping-off point, but have fun with it and add whatever veggies you have handy that sound appealing.
- lunch:bowl of stuff! Natalie calls this a dinner, but I make bowl of stuff for lunch at least a couple of times a week. Just pile mashed potatoes or a cooked, whole grain in a bowl with your favorite veggies (raw, cooked, or a mix) and your protein of choice. I love how quickly this comes together and how you can tailor it to what’s in the fridge.
- supper:vegan shepherd’s pie. This comes together surprisingly quickly and is super satisfying!
- snack: chips and quick guac. Instead of chopping a bunch of ingredients, just mash up an avocado with a few spoonfuls of good, prepared salsa. No one needs to know it took you 30 seconds to make!
Between the soup and the shepherd’s pie, you’ll probably have enough leftovers for a few more meals. If you need more vegan recipe ideas, here are some resources to check out:
- our vegan recipe archive
- my personal site’s recipes, which are all vegan
- the PPK
- Epicurious – their advanced search lets you specify that you want vegan recipes only, and you can search by ingredient!
Do you guys have any favorite vegan recipes or resources? Share them in the comments!
Image Credit: Oatmeal with Banana photo via Shutterstock