This coconut curry is a recipe of mine that I’ve adapted from a recipe on the back of a coconut milk can over the last few months.
If you don’t like green beans and carrots, you can try other vegetables. Asparagus and cauliflower work well.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 cups green beans, cut
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups jasmine rice, prepared (there is time to prepare it after starting the curry)
- Steam green beans and carrots just until tender.
- Saute the onion in olive oil in a sauce pan until aromatic.
- Add in the steamed vegetables, curry powder, cinnamon, ginger and soy sauce. Stir to coat the vegetables.
- Add the coconut milk. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the rice if necessary.
- Stir the coconut mixture and serve with the rice.