It’s time again for our weekly sustainable food jobs series in partnership with our sister site: Green Job Post. Every week, we share some select food job listings in this space. The site has listings for more food jobs, and there’s a great section of sustainable food jobs, if you’d like to browse more listings.
Top Sustainable Food Jobs of the Week
1. Equal Exchange Customer Service – The Equal Exchange Customer Service Department is seeking a Customer Service Representative to serve our customers in schools, congregations and faith-based organizations, and assist with serving Sales Department customers as well. We are looking for motivated candidates with strong communication and problem-solving skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to work well with others. Previous customer service experience preferred.
2. Taliesin Agriculture Apprentice: Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation – The Taliesin Agriculture Apprentice will participate in the planning, opening, closing, and day-to-day maintenance of the 1/5-acre vegetable garden and farm-related activities in collaboration with Fazenda Boa Terra staff farming at Taliesin and the Chef/Kitchen Manager, and encourage the participation of Taliesin community members, students, and volunteers in the vegetable garden. The apprentice will have the opportunity to live, work, and learn at an established non-profit educational organization and CSA farm; to participate in cultural opportunities offered onsite; and to play an active role in a dynamic and vibrant community.
3. Operations Manager: Local Food Hub – The Operations Manager oversees all warehouse functions at Local Food Hub, including managing staff, creating and implementing systems and protocols, making sure all infrastructure is in good working order, and ensuring compliance with all food safety and transportation regulations. The Operations Manager is expected to understand and fill in for all warehouse and distribution functions as needed. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as warehouse and produce experience, are required for this position. The position is based at the Local Food Hub warehouse in Ivy, Virginia.
4. Supply Chain Manager: Little Duck Organics – Little Duck Organics is seeking a Supply Chain professional with 4+ years of experience working with food manufacturing, purchasing, ingredient sourcing and copacking. Little Duck is experiencing rapid growth both in sales of current products and with new, innovative products that will launch in 2016 and beyond. The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the overall planning of product manufacturing including sourcing of ingredients and packaging, ensuring specifications and quality standards are met by suppliers, forecasting and managing inventory. Travel to copackers and vendor facilities is required.
5. Project Coordinator: NYC Compost Project (Queens Botanical Garden) – The Project Coordinator for the NYC Compost Project hosted by Queens Botanical Garden reports to the Compost Project Manager. This person is primarily responsible for delivering workshops and trainings (including the yearly Master Composter course), providing technical assistance to community compost sites, and planning public outreach events. This person must be able to track all of their activities and efforts and submit data to the Project Manager in pre-defined quantitative or narrative format as needed.
If you’re looking to post a job and want to help make Green Job Post a better site, we’d be grateful if you could take two minutes to fill out our survey. We’re offering three free Basic listings as a thank you (code is given at the end of the survey). Thanks from the Green Jobs team!
Keep up with the latest sustainable food jobs by subscribing to the Eat Drink Better newsletter or to the Sustainable Food Jobs newsletter!
Image Credit: Soil image via Shutterstock