It’s time again for our weekly sustainable food jobs series in partnership with our sister site: Green Job Post. Every week, we share some select listings in this space. The site has listings for more food jobs, and there’s a great section of sustainable food jobs, if you’d like to browse more listings.
Top Sustainable Food Jobs of the Week
1. Food Justice Project Coordinator: NCAT – The National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT) is seeking an experienced manager to coordinate a groundbreaking food justice project in Mississippi. NCAT is a private non-profit organization whose work includes nationally recognized projects in food, agriculture, and energy such as ATTRA, the national sustainable agriculture information service, and the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program Clearinghouse (LIHEAP). The position will be located in NCAT’s Gulf States Regional Office in Jackson, Mississippi.
2. CSA Outside Sales Representative: Farm Fresh To You – In 1976 our parents, Kathleen Barsotti and Martin Barnes, graduate students at UC Davis, borrowed money from their parents to buy 20 acres of property in Capay Valley. Today, we continue to grow our family on the farm, encouraging strong roots for a better food and agriculture system for all.
3. Sales & Marketing Director: FarmBox LA – Are you a brand-building, team-leading, goal-driven, metrics-loving marketing and sales whiz? FarmBox is looking for a hands-on Sales & Marketing Director with a proven track record to help build and guide our team.
4. Urban Farmer: Heart Beet Gardening – Heart Beet is Seeking a Passionate Urban Farmer! We are now looking to add an urban farmer to our team! This is a perfect position for someone who loves to be outdoors and has experience growing vegetables. Each of our gardens is custom built to fit the unique needs of each homeowner. These are NOT cookie cutter gardens! This is also a place where you have the opportunity to be creative and detail oriented in order to create a beautiful garden.
5. General Manager: New Orleans Food Co-op – The New Orleans Food Coop (NOFC) is in search of a general manager for our cooperative grocery store. The NOFC offers you the opportunity to live in a historical and diverse city, sustain local & fair wage jobs, while supporting food education in a strong vibrant community. If you are hungry for change, passionate about where your food comes from in a fast-paced, retail environment, then this is the opportunity for you!
Image Credit: Soil image via Shutterstock