It’s time again for our weekly sustainable food jobs series in partnership with our sister site: Green Job Post. Every week, we share some select listings in this space. The site has listings for more food jobs, and there’s a great section of sustainable food jobs, if you’d like to browse more listings.
Top Sustainable Food Jobs of the Week
1. National Program Leader, Water Resources: Agricultural Research Service – This position is located in the Office of National Programs (ONP). ONP is the principal organizational component of ARS, which develops, for the Administrator, options and recommendations for resource allocations. This is an interdisciplinary position and may be filled in any of the job series/position titles listed. In addition to the specialized experience requirements, applicants must submit proof that they meet the educational requirements for at least one of the series described in the announcement. Applicants may only be appointed to job series/position titles for which they meet all experience and educational requirements.
2. Digital Strategy Editor: Edible – Edible’s digital platform is evolving and looking to grow its audience. The digital strategist will spearhead these efforts via social media, syndication partnerships, SEO and other methods. Across all four titles (Edible Manhattan, Edible Brooklyn, Edible Long Island and Edible East End) the digital strategist will work with editors to set goals for traffic and other digital metrics. They will also plan and implement strategies to reach those goals. This is a part-time, estimated 20 hours a week commitment.
3. Nutrition and Compliance Manager: Revolution Foods – The vision of Revolution Foods is that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies. Our mission is to build lifelong healthy eaters by making kid-inspired, chef-crafted food accessible to all. Revolution Foods is currently seeking a Nutrition and Compliance Manager to work within its Nutrition & Compliance group. The position will be located at the Oakland, CA, Home office site. The candidate will be responsible for nutrition and compliance for USDA regulated food programs. This position provides the opportunity to interact with cross-functional members of the various Revolution Foods business units as well as corporate business partners and functional experts across Revolution Foods.
4. Member Services Coordinator: Certified Naturally Grown – Certified Naturally Grown (CNG) provides peer-review certification to farmers and beekeepers who produce food for their local communities without relying on synthetic chemicals or GMOs. Our certification programs help ensure producers uphold the highest standards in sustainable agriculture while offering assurance to their customers. We seek an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to support the administration of our programs and serve as an important liaison to our membership. This is a part time position (14-21 hours per week). Work is to be done in our Brooklyn office during regular business hours, though there is flexibility with scheduling. Hourly pay is $12-$15, depending on experience.
5. Associate Director for Operations & Business Development: CommonWealth Kitchen – CommonWealth Kitchen (CWK) operates greater Boston’s only non-profit food business incubator and small-batch food manufacturing social enterprise. CWK seeks a dedicated, passionate, mission-oriented leader with exceptional business and management skills to serve in a new role as Associate Director for Operations and Business Development. This new position will supervise all daily operational management functions, including managing organizational budgets; supervising our business assistance and jobs programming, including reporting, data collection, evaluation, and reporting; managing key strategic partnerships; and directly supervising two administrative staff, while supporting and advising the kitchen and facilities staff.
Image Credit: Soil image via Shutterstock