It’s time again for our weekly sustainable food jobs series in partnership with our sister site: Green Job Post. Every week, we share some select listings in this space. The site has listings for more food jobs, and there’s a great section of sustainable food jobs, if you’d like to browse more listings.
Top Sustainable Food Jobs of the Week
1. Associate Director for Operations & Business Development: CommonWealth Kitchen – CommonWealth Kitchen (CWK) operates greater Boston’s only non-profit food business incubator and small-batch food manufacturing social enterprise. CWK seeks a dedicated, passionate, mission-oriented leader with exceptional business and management skills to serve in a new role as Associate Director for Operations and Business Development. This new position will supervise all daily operational management functions, including managing organizational budgets; supervising our business assistance and jobs programming, including reporting, data collection, evaluation, and reporting; managing key strategic partnerships; and directly supervising two administrative staff, while supporting and advising the kitchen and facilities staff.
2. Nutrition and Compliance Manager: Revolution Foods – The vision of Revolution Foods is that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies. Our mission is to build lifelong healthy eaters by making kid-inspired, chef-crafted food accessible to all. Revolution Foods is currently seeking a Nutrition and Compliance Manager to work within its Nutrition & Compliance group. The position will be located at the Oakland, CA, Home office site. The candidate will be responsible for nutrition and compliance for USDA regulated food programs. This position provides the opportunity to interact with cross-functional members of the various Revolution Foods business units as well as corporate business partners and functional experts across Revolution Foods.
3. Content Manager (Food Writer & Editor): Institute of Culinary Education – The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is looking for a full-time Content Manager to oversee the development and execution of engaging written content for our website, blog, email and digital channels. You’ll develop editorial and promotional copy—as well as attention-grabbing headlines—and choose topics from among the thousands of events and happenings at ICE each year. Your work will attract and engage ICE’s unique audience in the center of the food world; and then, you’ll reflect on it and strategize and optimize with the marketing team.
4. Director of Foodservice Operations: Blue State Coffee – Blue State Coffee is a growing socially conscious retail coffee business. We have eight stores across New England — in New Haven, CT; Hartford, CT: Providence, RI; Boston, MA — as well as a central kitchen and coffee roasting facility in Hartford, CT. The company mission is to “reflect, improve, and inspire our communities.” The Director of Foodservice Operations will oversee all aspects of foodservice for Blue State Coffee. This individual will serve as a leader, motivator, and expert relative to successful operation and execution of all areas of food production.
5. Member Services Coordinator: Certified Naturally Grown – Certified Naturally Grown (CNG) provides peer-review certification to farmers and beekeepers who produce food for their local communities without relying on synthetic chemicals or GMOs. Our certification programs help ensure producers uphold the highest standards in sustainable agriculture while offering assurance to their customers. We seek an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to support the administration of our programs and serve as an important liaison to our membership. This is a part time position (14-21 hours per week). Work is to be done in our Brooklyn office during regular business hours, though there is flexibility with scheduling. Hourly pay is $12-$15, depending on experience.
Image Credit: Soil image via Shutterstock