It’s time again for our weekly sustainable food jobs series in partnership with our sister site: Green Job Post. Every week, we share some select listings in this space. The site has listings for more food jobs, and there’s a great section of sustainable food jobs, if you’d like to browse more listings.
Top Sustainable Food Jobs of the Week
1. Development/Communications Director: The Cornucopia Institute – The Cornucopia Institute is seeking a full-time employee to join our team. The Development and Communications Director will oversee Cornucopia’s development efforts and be intimately involved in its communications strategies and execution. This individual will oversee the organization’s revenue development (including proposal writing and grants administration, fundraising mailings, occasional fundraising events, etc). This person will also be involved with Cornucopia’s many communications vehicles (research reports, electronic and print newsletters, infographics, etc.).
2. Health, Safety, & Environmental Manager: Amy’s Kitchen – After the birth of our daughter Amy in 1987, we started Amy’s Kitchen to produce delicious, nourishing organic convenience foods for health-conscious people who are sometimes too busy to cook. Amy’s is a family-run business, and we supervise every aspect of our business and take pride in customer satisfaction. All the fruits, vegetables and grains we use are grown organically, without the use of insecticides, GMOs and other harmful chemicals.
3. Energy Services Manager: Organic Valley – The Energy Services Manager is responsible for leveraging both technical energy expertise and management skills for sustainable energy projects at CROPP. This position will support the Grant & Resource Development, On-Farm Sustainability and Internal Sustainability functions. Major responsibilities include assisting farmer members, employees and the cooperative with energy efficiency and renewable energy efforts.
4. Director, Communications: NatureBox – As an innovative, fast-growing company, PR is a critical function at NatureBox. We’re looking for a seasoned communications professional to lead our PR strategy, ensure our key messages are delivered consistently across all touch points, and bring our story to life in a compelling manner. This Director should be passionate about the NatureBox vision and mission and able to share that vision with the press in a clearly defined cadence, with simple communication. He/she should be a creative thinker – constantly looking for opportunities to use the incredible work our team is doing every day to pitch NatureBox to the press as well as come up with out-of-the-box strategies and tactics to drive brand momentum and conversation.
5. Quality Assurance Manager: Alter Eco – The AlterEco Quality Assurance Manager will develop and maintain company quality programs to ensure compliance with all applicable food laws/ regulations as well as meet or beat industry and certification standards as the Company requires. The QA Manager will establish company standards for products, suppliers and co-packing operations and create systems to monitor adherence to company standards and procedures.
Image Credit: Soil image via Shutterstock