We’re posting this week’s sustainable food jobs a day early, since tomorrow is New Year’s Day!
It’s time again for our weekly sustainable food jobs series in partnership with our sister site: Green Job Post. Every week, we share some select listings in this space. The site has listings for more food jobs, and there’s a great section of sustainable food jobs, if you’d like to browse more listings.
Top Sustainable Food Jobs of the Week
1. Packaging Designer: Blue Bottle Coffee – Blue Bottle Coffee is a passionate and growing team of hundreds around the world, united by the simple purpose of getting great coffee to everyone who asks for it whether that be in our cafes or at home. The Packaging Designer works closely with the Art Director, Founder, and the Finance and Production teams to design creatively within a retail environment and under tight budget constraints. This role also guides the process, timing, and budget for packaging launches. Meticulous attention to detail and quality are a must as you will manage the technical oversight of the design. Relationships with sustainable vendors and manufacturers is a plus.
2. Maple Sugaring Assistant: Cornell University – Assist with maple and birch sugaring operations at the Cornell University’s Uihlein Forest in Lake Placid, NY. Duties include tree tapping, tubing system repair and maintenance, running the evaporator and other syrup processing equipment, maintenance and repairs on mechanical equipment, assist with on-site tours and sales, can syrup as needed, other duties as assigned. Position starting in January or February and runs through
3. Product Development Coordinator: High Mowing Seeds – High Mowing Organic Seeds is an independently owned leader in the non-GMO seed, farming and food community, committed to providing high quality organic seeds to our customers. This position will coordinate the process of selecting our product line to ensure that High Mowing has the seed varieties our customers need. This will require pulling together and analyzing multiple data sources and translating that to a multi-department team, and facilitating weekly meetings and company-wide process flows. This position will be the primary keeper of data that we use to determine which varieties to breed, produce or procure to best support the needs of the our customers.
4. Senior Production Manager: Marley Spoon – We use technology to re-invent the global food supply chain to reduce unethical food waste and connect consumers with quality producers faster to provide fresher food. In order to achieve this, we are solving challenging problems in taste profiling, behavior prediction and real-time logistics. We need you to help us with that. We are looking for a production leader for our West Coast operations. You will be responsible for building and leading the new production team, running the day-to-day operations, developing and scaling the processes of the fulfillment operations. You are a self-starter, a people leader, numbers-driven and focus on driving impact.
5. Garden Mgr and Permaculture Educator: Pickards Mountain Eco-Institute – Pickards Mountain Eco-Institute is currently seeking a qualified part-time Permaculture Educator & Garden Manager to join our team. This person ideally has a background in sustainable and organic farm management, a desire to share their knowledge and experience farming with others, a deep love for the natural world, and should feel aligned with the mission of PMEI. The garden manager will work closely with other PMEI staff, and will be under the direct supervision of the Executive Director.
Image Credit: Soil image via Shutterstock