Their cocoa is almost all grown on small family farms. Sjaak staes:
- 70% world’s supply comes from West Africa
- abusive and child labor is being eliminated on the farms
- Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria and Cameroon are countries that have the most family farms
- Sustainable cocoa farming that combines good farming methods with good economic practices is increasing…
- Biodiversity is common by planting shade trees that also provide useful products for the farmer
I thought lavender infused floral flavored dark chocolate was only found in France, or on exquisite desert menus. What a sweet organic gift!
Image Source: Lavender Box-Limited Edition: This beautiful detailed handmade box is filled with creamy dark chocolate lavender truffles. The truffles come in a heart shape wrapped in lavender foil.
This product is only available between November 15 and May 31.