This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hass Avocado Board featuring Hass Avocados. All opinions are 100% mine.
If you’ve been an Eat Drink Better reader for while, I think you know by now that my favorite food is the always delicious (except when rotten..) and healthy avocado. The nice thing is, a lot of people love avocados.. and I just learned about a fun avocado recipe contest this week, Kick Off with Hass Avocados Recipe Contest, where you can share one of your favorite avocado recipes, learn about others’, and possibly win a grand prize valued at $12,400!
The actual grand prize is a trip for four people for 4 nights to Pasadena, California to attend the Rose Bowl and all sorts of supplemental, exclusive activities (see the link above for more details).
How do you enter? To enter, just follow the link above, “like” Hass Avocados on Facebook (it will prompt you to do so), and submit one of your favorite avocado recipes!
I entered the contest today (would love to win this exciting getaway!), submitting the following recipe:
- 2 medium or large Hass avocados
- 1 or 2 medium or large tomatoes
- half of a small red or white onion, or a small bunch of green onions
- nutritional yeast
- olive oil
- salt or liquid aminos
- one lemon
How to prepare:
- Mash up the avocados (I usually use a fork to do so).. after peeling of course.
- Dice the tomato(es) and onion(s).
- Pour a little olive oil on the mashed up avocados, add a little salt or liquid aminos (to taste), a tablespoon (or more) of nutritional yeast, the diced tomato(es) and onion, and mix.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top and mix a little more.
- Serve & eat! (I love to eat it on a rice cake or with corn chips.)
Enter for your chance to win! And please share your recipe with us here on Eat Drink Better. I’d love to try out another avocado recipe, and imagine others would, too.
Photo Credit: jmackinnell