Serve with fresh sliced zuchini, celery, or crackers. Enjoy with fried eggplant or mushrooms. Use instead of mayonaise on sandwiches and wraps. This versatile creamy dip knows no bounds!
- 1 cup room temperature vegan cream cheese (Tofutti or homemade)
- 1 green onion, green and white parts, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise (Vegenaise or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon bottled hot sauce, to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon MSG-free seasoned salt (or plain salt), to taste
- Combine vegan cream cheese, green onion, vegan mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Stir in hot sauce and seasoned salt, to taste.
- Chill at least an hour to let flavors blend. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Variations: combine finished dip with 1/2 cup prepared salsa, picante sauce, or chutney.
Image credit: Creative Commons photo by Vegan Feast Catering.