Here is a delicious raw vegan brownie recipe courtesy of Kristen Suzanne, author of the new book Raw Awakening: Your Ultimate Guide to the Raw Food Diet. These are especially great because the oats help keep the calorie count low without sacrificing any of the decadent chocolate flavor.
Five Minute Walnut-Oatmeal Brownies
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup raw oats
- 3/4 cup raw chocolate powder
- 22 soft Medjool dates, pitted (see note)
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a food processor, grind the walnuts until coarsely ground. Add the oats and chocolate powder and process until thoroughly mixed. Add the dates and almond extract and process until the mixture holds together when gently pressed between two of your fingers.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8-inch square glass baking dish and press it in firmly.
- Serve at room temperature, or warm in a dehydrator for up to 2 hours at 130Â°F.
NOTE: If your Medjool dates are on the small side, you might want to add a few more to the recipe.