Pay What You Can Organic Cafe

SAME Cafe in Denver, Colorado

We are incredibly lucky that we can afford to stock our pantry with healthy, organic foods. Unfortunately, there are a lot of folks that can’t swing the cost of organic produce or even afford fresh food at all. There’s a little cafe in Denver, Colorado that’s looking to change all that.

So All May Eat Cafe in Denver serves healthy, organic meals on a pay-what-you-can basis. Instead of paying at a register, you drop a donation for your meal into their payment box. The restaurant is able to cover 75% of its operating costs this way. To make up the other 25%, they have grant money and larger donations.

The folks at Organic Nation shared a three minute video about this unique restaurant:

Pretty awesome, right? I love the idea of folks who can afford fresh, healthy food helping out ones who can’t. It’s also pretty great to see a business based on the assumption that “people are good.”

Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by e pants

About The Author

4 thoughts on “Pay What You Can Organic Cafe”

  1. I’ve thought of opening a pay what you can cafe in my community. I was never sure, it could work. Thanks for actually doing it. I would like to find out more information on opening a restaurant like this in my hometown in Ohio. Do you have more information to share? Thanks so much for making a difference.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top