This pasta recipe is a quick dinner dish for busy people and it’s soooooo easy.
Pasta with Greens and Tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz box of tubular pasta – penne, rigati, ziti, etc
- 1 large bunch of kale or other leafy greens
- 6 medium cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of veggie broth
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Olive oil to cover the bottom of the pot and perhaps a bit more if needed later
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
- Boil up the pasta according to the package directions, then drain and put aside. You can dry out the pot and use it to make the veggie mix to save pots and save water.
- Heat the oil in the pot and add the greens.
- Start adding the garlic 1/3 at a time while continuously tossing the greens. This will only take a few minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and toss until they are hot but no mushy.
- Add the veggie broth and toss for another minute or so.
- Squeeze the lemon or lime juice over the top and serve in a large pasta bowl.
Grated cheese or nutritional yeast on top is optional, and a crusty Italian bread goes nicely alongside this pasta recipe. It’s great with red or white wine, but beer will work too.
Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by freshandfoodie