Listen, laugh & learn with the Green Divas (and Green Dude Scott) anytime – Podcast here!
Just us Green Divas this week. A busy show with a lot of content squeezed in between the fun.
First of all, we launched our Why Should We Care campaign. We’ve asked listeners, readers, our guests and some celebrities to let us know what they are most passionate about when it comes to sustainability, why should we care and what can we do about it. This week, we had John Voelcker, our favorite Green Car Dude from GreenCarReports.com; Kari Whitman, eco-interior designer to the stars; and Cherie Corso of G2 Organics call in for this week . . . They each had different, but great things to say.
NOTE: Next week (2.18), we hope YOU will call in. Our friend, Ed Begley, Jr. will be calling in too!
Our feature guest was Dr. Love aka Dr. Dan Wharton, Sr. VP of Conservation Science, Chicago Zoological Society. Dr. Love shares information about animal behavior and how it relates (or not) to human relationships. For instance, some animals mate for life but some stray, some are even homosexual. Lions and all large cats live mainly a solitary existence, except when the females are in heat, then they have a fornicating fest and do “it” as many as 25 times in a day! Of course, once that particular fest is over, it’s “love ‘em and leave ‘em.” Bonobos are like the hippies of the primate world and are all “make love not war.” They are more closely related to humans than chimpanzee’s, and have been known to use sex to resolve struggles! 75% of their fornicating is not about reproducing. Humm…that sound familiar?
Dr. Love’s new blog, ManorBeast answers questions about relationships in the animal world. We love the way he shares information. It’s not only thought provoking but very entertaining.
Green Diva Lisa’s Take Two (and call her in the morning) Segment referred to her most recent post on 9 Ways to Be Your Own Valentine
- Go see that movie that you’ve always wanted to see and embrace that you get a good seat because you are on your own. Don’t “treat” yourself with a bunch of garbage to eat, “treat” yourself with some un-buttered popcorn and a juice instead of a soda and pat yourself on the back for taking good care of yourself. I often sneak in some edamame to munch on instead of popcorn. It gives me my salt fix in a healthier way.
- Get together with a friend you haven’t seen in a long time. There’s nothing like catching up with a really close friend that loves you in spite of any flaws.
- Get a massage and treat yourself with some true stress releasing. We all need human touch, even if you don’t know the person. Massage therapists have usually chosen that vocation because they have a kind touch. After a long stretch of being single I’ve been known to schedule regular massages to get some human touch in my life. It made me more relaxed in everything else I did during those times.
- Find a scrumptious book and get lost in another world. It can be so rejuvenating to take a break from life and immerse yourself in another world. Like a little vacation for the mind. Give yourself permission to take the time and remind yourself that taking that kind of time is valuable to your good health.
- Read about the other 5 ways on the original post . . .
The Sleeping Naked is Green segment: Provide for an Eco-Friendly Funeral in your Will
A great 5-minute segment on some statistics on the environmental impact of burials in the US, what exactly is a green burial and some ideas of how we can have a greener goodbye.
Listen to this 5-minute segment or read about the details on our post for this week’s show.
We also announced the winner of last week’s Eco Friendly Printer KNOW YOUR GREEN Quiz – Meghan Van Dyk, who won a $50 Gift Certificate to the Eco Friendly Printer!
As always, please visit our website for LOTS of relevant links & resources from the show – Green Divas website.
Hope you’ll listen to this broadcast!