This low fat chocolate gingerbread pudding is the kind of treat you can feel good about while savoring the deliciousness.
The base is bananas, and from there you can take it any flavor direction you want. In the spirit of simple vegan recipes for the holidays, when chocolate is everywhere you turn, I took it in a chocolate gingerbread direction.
If you need some backup on just exactly why you need to go ahead and treat yourself to this little bowl of awesomeness, consider that there’s flax for omega-3 (which helps you not only stay healthy but happy, too), ginger for stimulating your digestive system, molasses (one of the best sweeteners) for iron and B vitamins, and of course bananas for potassium and lots of other goodness.
What flavor direction will you take? Let me know in the comments!
Low Fat Chocolate Gingerbread Pudding
Time from start to eating: 10 min.
Makes 2 servings.
- 2 bananas
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup water (approximate)
- 2 Tbsp carob or cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 small piece fresh ginger, grated (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 2 Tbsp hemp protein powder
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1 Tbsp almond, peanut or sunflower seed butter (optional)
- Put the bananas in a food processor or blender, and puree until smooth. You can also mash them with a fork or potato masher if you don’t have a blender. Add the flax and water, and blend again.
- Add all of the seasonings, changing them for your own tastes, and blend until everything is combined.
- If you want, you can chill the pudding before serving. Top it off with some sunflower seeds, chopped almonds, coconut or whatever else you like.
Image Credit: Heather Nauta of HealthyVeganRecipes.net