Celebrate Guacamole Day with homemade guac! These guacamole recipes run the gamut from the traditional to the elaborate, so choose your own guac adventure.
I’m not sure who started this trend of making every day a super specific food holiday, but I salute that person. I like any chance to celebrate good food, and if we need a holiday every day to do that, I say let’s do it! A friend told me that tomorrow – Friday, September 16th – is National Guacamole Day, and this may be my favorite random food holiday yet. So grab some ripe avocados and let’s make some guac!
Related: Vegan Taco Salad Recipes that are Actually Healthy
1. Instaguac – If you want homemade guac made with whole food ingredients but don’t want to spend more than 30 seconds on it, this is your recipe.
2. 10 Minute Guacamole – This classic guacamole recipe has only six ingredients and mixes up in 10 minutes flat.
3. Guacamole Bacon Burger – Celebrate Guacamole Day with a whole meal built around the world’s best dip.
4. Zach’s Favorite Guacamole – Sweet corn, sliced olives, and raw cashews add extra texture to this guac recipe. Plus, he shares some great health benefits of avocados!
5. Sweet Pea Guacamole – Peas add a touch of sweetness and some protein to your guacamole.
6. Sweet Pepper Poppers with Guacamole Crunch – These are like a vegan jalapeno popper, starring the power of guacamole.
7. Guac-Kale-Mole – Is there anything you can’t do with kale? This might sound like a strange combo, but Cadry’s recipes are always on point. Trust her!
8. Roasted Veggie Guacamole – Garlic, peppers, and onions turn sweet and mellow in the oven. Perfect with creamy avocado and plenty of lime.
9. Roasted Chili Mango Guacamole – Sweet, spicy, creamy, decadent. What a great way to celebrate Guacamole Day!
10. Guacamole Quesadillas – Another awesome way to turn guacamole into your main event.
11. Witchy Guacamole Dip – This is technically a Halloween appetizer, but I think it’s cute enough to serve on Guacamole Day, too!
12. Spinach Guacamole – This recipe has me wanting to invest in a molcajete for my guac adventures.
13. Greek Guacamole – Mediterranean flavors are a lovely addition to traditional guac.
14. Guacamole Potato Skins – Instead of cheese, try stuffing potato skins with rich, creamy guacamole.
15. Tex Mex Spaghetti Squash with Black Bean Guacamole – Another guac-themed meal! You can serve up the stuffed squash or just make the black bean guac on its own.
Image Credits: Avocado Heart via JIGGS IMAGES, Guacamole images by Becky Striepe
3 thoughts on “15 Awesome Guacamole Recipes for Guacamole Day”
Great guac collection! I’ll be trying every one of them! Thanks for including my spinach guacamole. :)
Of course, Linda! I love your recipes.
Oooh! I actually really enjoy avocados, but have been taking a lazy way of just buying avo shakes near my office. In Singapore, we have not so good access to good avos, or the good ones are really pricey =(