…or as it’s lovingly called:
Uncle Mark’s Awesome Quinoa Lunch Bowl
This is a very easy, healthy and filling lunch that can be made with only a microwave. Making your lunch has it’s benefits: it’s healthy, it’s cheap, and you know what’s going in it, so it’s safe.
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup frozen roasted corn kernels (try Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1/2 large tomato, cut into half-inch chunks
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (more or less depending on taste)
- sprinkle of salt (optional)
- Defrost the corn in the microwave, about 30 secs-1 minute on half power.
- Add the remaining ingredients into a microwave safe bowl and stir.
- Microwave mixture for 1-2 minutes until steaming hot.
Contains approximately 375 calories as prepared. It contains about 25% of your daily fiber requirements, as well as being a significant source of iron, manganese, zinc, vitamin B6 and vitamin C.
You can add whatever else you have around into this bowl, spinach or rocket (arugula) would make a great addition, as would cashews.
Thanks to Mark Levin for sharing his recipe with me to share with the interwebs.
Photo credit: little blue hen
3 thoughts on “Easy Quinoa Lunch Bowl”
i am disappointed you are suggesting to use a microwave. please read about how food properties get destroyed when using a microwave. also the trader joe’s corn is not organic and therefore most likely heavily treated with pesticides and possibly genetically modified.
otherwise i enjoy your site and recipes :-)
i’m sorry you didn’t like the recipe. typically, i dislike microwaving food as well, but when you are at work, and there is only a microwave (or take out) when you want warm food, i’ll take microwave any day, and i suppose that was my intention for this post.
here are some other lunch ideas for you are not keen on using the microwave: