Enjoy this sweet combination of banana, chocolate and peanuts in this perfect protein smoothie.
In need of a quick filling snack? Need breakfast on the go? Smoothies are an excellent way to incorporate multiple food groups (which means multiple vitamins and minerals.)
Chocolate Banana Nut Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 8-12 oz chocolate soymilk
- 4-8 oz plain non-fat greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp unsalted natural peanut butter
- Freeze banana in halves for easier blending.
- Add all ingredients into blender. Begin with lower amounts of soymilk and yogurt and add more as needed depending on desired consistency.
- Yogurt can be eliminated completely and replaced entirely with ice or extra soymilk.
What’s in it for you?
Soymilk, yogurt and peanut butter all provide high amounts of protein. Depending on product brands used, and amounts of ingredients used, this smoothie has between 25-36g of quality protein. The banana is packed with potassium. Peanut butter contains high amounts of heart healthy mono- and polyunsaturated fats. Fiber can be found in the banana and peanut butter; the high fiber allows this smoothie to keep you fuller longer.
This recipe doesn’t end here! Use different variations of frozen fruit, nut butter, and flavored soymilks. Another favorite of mine has almond milk, frozen cherries and almond butter.
Photo credit to creative commons user SliceOfChic