Here are some more highlights from The Homesteader’s Kitchen:
- Refreshing, plant-based beverages like a Creamy Mango-Coconut smoothie and Hazelnut Hemp Mylk
- Satisfying breakfasts – the Scrambled Tofu and Fresh Veggies is divine
- Exotic soups like Sunshine Yam Soup with citrus and ginger (even the name makes me happy) and enticing sauces (I can’t wait to try the Chanterelle Gravy next summer)
- Creative salads – the Kale and Sea Vegetable Salad with Sesame Citrus Dressing is a nutritional powerhouse
- Fish, Poultry, and Meat Entrees, including delicious recipes for the grill
- Nourishing vegetarian and vegan entrees (like the tempeh recipe above!)
- Wholesome desserts like Date Nut Bars and Yam Candy
To purchase Robin Burnside’s book, check out Amazon or your local bookstore.
Like this book? You might also enjoy The Backyard Homestead by Carleen Madigan.
Image and recipes courtesy of Gibbs Smith Publisher.