Ed Note: We must have grilling on our minds this week! Just yesterday, Laura Phillips shared some great BBQ ideas for vegans, and today we’ve got a tasty recipe for BBQ curried tofu from Michelle Leeper! This recipe calls for pan-frying, but these tasty tofu cubes would be lovely on skewers, too. Maybe with some pineapple and onion?
- Extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons of BBQ sauce
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Cut your tofu into cubes and place them in a large bowl. Add the remaining seasonings and sauces and mix well.
- Fry the tofu on medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring and flipping over the cubes every so often.
- Once the sides of the tofu are brown and crispy, they’re ready to serve!