10 Sour Cherry Recipes
1. Sour Cherry Smoothie – If you want to make this a vegan recipe, just use vegan yogurt instead of dairy.
2. Tart Cherry Pie – This is the classic way to serve up sour cherries.
3. Sour Cherry Compote – This simple recipe from Smitten Kitchen is delicious on ice cream, yogurt, or pancakes.
4. Sour Cherry Soup – This is a Hungarian classic, and all you have to do to make it vegan is use vegan sour cream instead of dairy.
5. Almond and Hemp Seed Cookies with Sour Cherries – Sour cherries add a tart bite to this kid-friendly raw cookie recipe.
6. Vegan Tart Cherry Almond Scones – A little superfood for breakfast, anyone?
8. Sour Cherry Chia Cooler – Andrea at Vibrant Wellness Journal makes an awesome chia drink using sour cherry juice.
9. Chocolate Bundt Cake with Sour Cherry Sauce – Did you know that Vegansaurus was veganizing Top Chef recipes a couple of years ago? How fun!
10. Austrian Sour Cherry Strudel – This recipe uses phyllo dough in place of strudel dough to make this much simpler than a traditional strudel recipe.
Do you have a favorite sour cherry recipe? Tell us about it in the comments!