Top 5 Sustainable Food Jobs, Week of July 4th
It’s time again for our weekly sustainable food jobs series in partnership with our sister site: Green Job Post. Every week, we share some select listings in this space. The site has listings for more food jobs, and there’s a great section of sustainable food jobs, if you’d like to browse more listings.
Top Sustainable Food Jobs of the Week
1. Installation Manager: Green City Growers – As the leader of the operations crew, the Operations Manager directs the installation of all raised beds, trellises, pest fences, irrigation systems and related products we provide our clients to successfully grow fruit and vegetables in the city. The Installation Manager works in conjunction with the Director of Operations to ensure all orders are installed in a timely and efficient manner. He or she oversees the crew and delegates tasks in-shop and on-site to ensure products are installed to meet or exceed client expectations.
2. Associate Director for Operations & Business Development: CommonWealth Kitchen – CommonWealth Kitchen (CWK) operates greater Boston’s only non-profit food business incubator and small-batch food manufacturing social enterprise. CWK seeks a dedicated, passionate, mission-oriented leader with exceptional business and management skills to serve in a new role as Associate Director for Operations and Business Development. This new position will supervise all daily operational management functions, including managing organizational budgets; supervising our business assistance and jobs programming, including reporting, data collection, evaluation, and reporting; managing key strategic partnerships; and directly supervising two administrative staff, while supporting and advising the kitchen and facilities staff.
3. Farm to Table Cafe Director: Coffee and Cotton – Coffee and Cotton is a farm to table cafe located within a historic textile mill known as Mill No. 5. We are a group of passionate individuals with businesses ranging from a coworking fashion maker space, to a brain research startup. There is a yoga studio, independent movie theater, record store, book store, and other unique shops. Coffee and Cotton is the heart of the operation providing the fuel and energy to sustain our passions. We are looking for someone who shares a passion for food and community, someone who is capable of the nuts and bolts of operations while looking ahead for opportunities to collaborate and raise the food culture of our region.
4. Urban Farmer: Heart Beet Gardening – Heart Beet Gardening is LA’s original urban farming business. Founded in 2007, our company designs, builds and maintains organic vegetable gardens and orchards. Our goal has always been to connect Angelenos with their soil, their food and their city through beautiful and productive edible gardens. Heart Beet is Seeking a Passionate Urban Farmer! We are now looking to add an urban farmer to our team! This is a perfect position for someone who loves to be outdoors and has experience growing vegetables. Each of our gardens is custom built to fit the unique needs of each homeowner. These are NOT cookie cutter gardens! This is also a place where you have the opportunity to be creative and detail oriented in order to create a beautiful garden.
5. Associate Director of Digital Communications: Share Our Strength – No child should grow up hungry in America. Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Reporting to the Director, Digital Communications and working closely with the Director, Membership and Annual Giving, the Associate Director of Digital Communications leads the implementation of integrated fundraising and engagement plans through digital channels for the Communications and Membership teams. Fundraising and engagement strategies include efforts to acquire, convert, and retain constituents through integrated event, advocacy, and revenue-generating programs.
Image copyright Rawpixel.com