Top Food Jobs, Week of June 13
It’s time again for our weekly sustainable food jobs series in partnership with our sister site: Green Job Post. Every week, we share some select listings in this space. The site has listings for more food jobs, and there’s a great section of sustainable food jobs, if you’d like to browse more listings.
Top Sustainable Food Jobs of the Week
1. Associate Director of Digital Communications: Share Our Strength – No child should grow up hungry in America. Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Reporting to the Director, Digital Communications and working closely with the Director, Membership and Annual Giving, the Associate Director of Digital Communications leads the implementation of integrated fundraising and engagement plans through digital channels for the Communications and Membership teams. Fundraising and engagement strategies include efforts to acquire, convert, and retain constituents through integrated event, advocacy, and revenue-generating programs.
2. Grassroots Advocacy Coordinator: National Sustainable Ag Coalition – The National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition (NSAC) is an alliance of grassroots organizations that advocates for federal policy reform to advance the sustainability of agriculture, food systems, natural resources, and rural communities. NSAC is currently seeking a Grassroots Advocacy Coordinator to help us build grassroots power and win campaigns through coordination of NSAC’s 100+ member organizations and outreach to their respective grassroots membership. This position is located at NSAC’s DC office on Capitol Hill. The Grassroots Advocacy Coordinator reports directly to the Grassroots Director.
3. Local Foods Development Coordinator: Local First Arizona Foundation – Local First is a nonprofit organization working on multiple issues related to inequity. We work to create opportunities and access for all people, and healthy food access is a priority.This position is primarily responsible for raising awareness of local foods, local food producers, local food organizations and local food businesses by organizing food-oriented events aimed at promoting Arizona’s food community, identifying and helping to write grants to fund healthy food programs, on-site visits to food businesses and strategic collaborations.
4. Food Justice Project Coordinator: NCAT – The National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT) is seeking an experienced manager to coordinate a groundbreaking food justice project in Mississippi. NCAT is a private non-profit organization whose work includes nationally recognized projects in food, agriculture, and energy such as ATTRA, the national sustainable agriculture information service, and the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program Clearinghouse (LIHEAP). The position will be located in NCAT’s Gulf States Regional Office in Jackson, Mississippi.
5. CSA Outside Sales Representative: Farm Fresh To You – In 1976 our parents, Kathleen Barsotti and Martin Barnes, graduate students at UC Davis, borrowed money from their parents to buy 20 acres of property in Capay Valley. Today, we continue to grow our family on the farm, encouraging strong roots for a better food and agriculture system for all.
Image copyright Rawpixel.com