Thirsty Thursday: Hopscotch’s Tin Lizzy Summer Cocktail Recipe
This summer cocktail recipe from Hopscotch Restaurant & Bar in Oakland, CA is a crowd pleaser and makes great use of what’s fresh in season at the farmer’s market right now. Summer may be coming to an end but that doesn’t mean we can’t squeeze in a few more gatherings with family and friends.
The Tin Lizzy is a delicious original summer cocktail recipe created by Hopscotch bartender Blake Sondel Cole. Hopscotch is a must try spot in Oakland, CA that was just featured in the book This Is Oakland: A Guide to the City’s Most Interesting Places. You can also catch Hopscotch’s chef Kyle Itani on Knife Fight on The Esquire Network Tuesday, August 19th at 10|9c.
Now, we just need to hook up the folks at Hopscotch with the folks at Distillery No.209 for a truly local cocktail.
Tin Lizzy Summer Cocktail Recipe
- 4 1/2 inch segments of fresh peach
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 mint leaf
- 1/2 oz. lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- 1/2 oz. Imbue Bittersweet Vermouth
- 2 oz. Gin
- Muddle the fresh peach segments, thyme, and mint.
- Add the lemon juice, simple syrup, vermouth, and gin.
- Shake with ice, strain into coupe, garnish with sprig of thyme, and enjoy!