Vegan Recipe: Tasty Tofu Salad with Artichokes and Olives
Try this easy Greek-style salad on wraps or pita sandwiches, for fast-yet-indulgent lunch-box fare!
- 14-oz. carton extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 12-oz. jar marinated artichokes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 4-oz. jar diced roasted red bell peppers (pimientos), drained
- 1-1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast, recommended but optional
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional, to taste
- Fresh salad greens and pita bread, optional, for serving
Chop pressed tofu into 1/2″ – 1″ cubes. Toss well with lemon juice, olive oil, basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, nutritional yeast, and salt. Gently stir in pimientos, chopped artichokes, and olives. Add red pepper flakes and adjust salt to taste.
Serve immediately if desired; but let chill at least 1 hour for best flavor.
For delicious pita sandwiches: toast pita bread lightly, then stuff well with tofu salad plus some fresh spinach, sprouts, massaged kale, or other greens. Enjoy!
Image credit: Creative Commons photo by