Vegan Recipe: Yummy Eggless Nog
- 3/4 cup soy or almond (or other nondairy) milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon raw or turbinado sugar (or other natural vegan sweetener such as agave or maple syrup)
- 1/4 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional, but adds thickness and nutrition to your nog!)
- 1-1/2 ounces rum, brandy, or bourbon (optional)
Stir chia seeds into the nondairy milk, in your blender, and remove banana from freezer. Go do something else for about 5 minutes. Then peel banana, break it in half or thirds, and add it to the blender, along with all other ingredients. Pulse a few times to break up ice, then blend on highest setting until smooth.
Repeat as needed. Happy Holidays!
Image credit: Creative Commons photo by Dinner Series.