Cauliflower Scallion Bean-Free Hummus Recipe
This gluten free hummus makes a great appetizer or snack. Sure, beans are good for you and a great vegan source of protein, but it’s important to get more fresh veggies in your diet, too. This cauliflower hummus gives you a healthy dose of cruciferous veggies in every bite!
Cauliflower Scallion Bean-Free Hummus
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup Brazil nuts
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium pot, steam cauliflower florets with 1 cup of water for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; pulse until mixture forms a creamy consistency. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm with crudites, gluten-free crackers and toast.