8 Vegan Recipes for Kid-Friendly Breakfasts
Kids are extremely hard to please, especially when it comes to homemade breakfast. Never fear, though, these recipes are tested and approved by real kids!
Prepared using wholesome and all-natural ingredients, these food choices will provide your kids with the nutrition they need and the taste they desire. So, before you trot the little ones to school, consider offering them some of these non-dairy and vegan choices, many of which are quick and easy to prepare.
- Maple Oatmeal Pancakes. If you are looking for a dairy-free brunch or breakfast, these pancakes are nutritious, packed with oats, and are delicious with sweet maple syrup.
- Cereal Bars. This recipe for yummy cereal bars is ideal for meals-on-the-go. These cereal bars provide quick snacks or pick-me-ups before a busy day.
- Granola Bars. These chewy bars are easy to put together and great for a morning pick-me-up or afternoon snack. Full of healthy fiber, sweetness, and flavor, you and your kids will both be happy.
- Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Pancakes. Want a breakfast choice that is sweet, yet dairy-free and healthy too? This recipe is as sweet as chocolate and healthy because it’s made with oat bran and wheat germ.
- Chocolate Cherry Toaster Pastries. This homemade dairy-free recipe will have your kids thinking you pulled cinnamon Pop-Tarts directly from the box.
- Blueberry Banana Muffins. How about some dairy-free muffins? These blueberry muffins can be served plain or topped with dairy-free cream cheese or non-hydrogenated margarine. What a great breakfast treat!
- Nutty Oatmeal Raisin Bars. This recipe for vegan oat and raisin squares perfect for kids and adults who need a lactose-free option for breakfast or snack time. Vegan, wheat-free, dairy-free, egg-free, and delicious—what a combination!
- Vegan “Buttermilk” Pancakes. This is a must-try pancake recipe for anyone on a lactose-free diet. Egg-free and dairy-free, these buttermilk pancakes might be vegan, but you’d never know it.
What are your favorite vegan, kid-friendly breakfast foods? I’d love to hear your ideas in the comments!
Photo by Becky Striepe