Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Thanks to the most awesome site ever, Eco-Snobbery Sucks, for this recipe….which doesn’t suck.
We love a good vegan dessert, and these chocolate chip cookies with a touch of sea salt fit the bill perfectly! Who says that eating vegan means skipping out on a decadent dessert?
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup whole grain spelt flour
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp cacao nibs (optional, but they add crunch!)
- 3-4 tsp vegan dark chocolate chips (or go with the regular dairy variety if you’re non-vegan)
- 1 1/2 tbsp chunky peanut butter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- sea salt, for garnish
- turbinado sugar, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with oil. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients (spelt flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, sugar).
- Whisk together. In a medium sized bowl mix all wet ingredients (peanut butter, maple syrup, oil. vanilla). Mix well making sure the PB is thoroughly mixed in.
- Now add wet to dry and stir. Mix with hands if necessary until fully incorporated. Stir in cacao nibs and chocolate chips. Wet hands and shape small cookies about 1.5 inches in diameter and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for just 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack after a couple minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Makes 14 medium sized cookies.
Do you have a favorite vegan cookie recipe? Share away in the comments!