Record high temperatures are forcing us all to try to stay cool and hydrated this summer. For a refreshing, thirst quenching beverage to beat the heat, try this shaken strawberry lemonade recipe.
- 1/4 cup crushed strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 8 ounces ice (small cubes or crushed)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-3 tsp raw cane sugar, or sugar syrup
- Fill large glass (or drink tumbler) with ice.
- Add water and lemon juice. Shake, or stir.
- Add sugar and crushed strawberries. Shake again.
- Shaking and stirring should help to melt some of the ice to create more liquid. More or less ice and water may need to be added depending on desired consistency.
The sweet strawberries mix well with the tart lemons for a super charged summer drink. Use any crushed fruit for this recipe.
Do you have a favorite recipe to beat the heat? Share your favorites in the comments!
Photo credit to creative commons user matt.ohara