DIY Garden: Clothespin Plant Markers
I ran across some really sweet clothespin plant markers on Flickr and decided to make my own. Here’s how you can make a set for your DIY garden!
Since I didn’t grow anything from seed this year, my plants came with plant markers, but the ones they came with were…well…they’re ugly. Let’s be honest. After spending all of that time caring for my plants and building those herb spirals, I wanted markers that were as lovely as the rest of my garden! These clothespin plant markers were super simple to make, and I love how they look in my garden. You probably don’t even need instructions to figure this out, but just in case, here’s how to make your own:
- clothespins (one for each plant marker)
- sturdy sticks, around 8″ long (you can gather these from your yard or around your neighborhood)
- permanent marker
- Use the marker to write your plant names on each clothespin.
- Stake your stick a few inches into the ground or your pot.
- Clip the clothespin onto your stick.
That’s it! Have you guys been doing any other DIY garden projects? I’d love to hear what you’re up to in the comments!