Vegan Cookies: Oat Flour Chocolate Chip
Oat flour is a healthy, gluten-free (well, almost gluten-free) alternative to regular flour, and so easy to make at home! All you need are oats and a blender. I used Quaker oats, the slow-cooking kind for these vegan cookies. Using instant or quick-cooking oatmeal will make the dough of whatever you’re making mushy.
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine
- 1/4 cup canola or sunflower seed oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350Â°F and grease a baking tray.
- Mix oat flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Add margerine and oil and stir until mixed. If the mixture is too dry, add a tablespoon of soy milk. Add chocolate chips last and mix.
- Roll tablespoon-sized balls of dough and flatten them with the back of a wet spoon on your baking tray. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.