Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes From Around the World
If you’re tired of the same old traditional Thanksgiving recipes, try spicing up your menu with these ethnic vegetarian and vegan dishes.
1. Moroccan Carrot Salad (vegan) – Quick, easy, colorful, and flavorful.
2. Tunisian Winter Squash Salad With Coriander and Harissa (vegan) – This African salad would make a spicy start to Thanksgiving dinner.
3. Mod Mex Cranberry Sauce (vegan) – A spicy take on the classic cranberry sauce.
4. Thai-spiced Pumpkin Soup (vegan) – A gorgeous dish – your guests will never believe how ridiculously easy it was to make. A good candidate to make in advance and then reheat.
5. Acorn Squash Quesadillas with Tomatillo Salsa – Perfect as a vegetarian appetizer.
6. Curried Lentils and Sweet Potatoes (vegan) – This Indian-inspired dish is delicious at room-temperature, meaning that you can make it in advance.
8. Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burrito (vegan) – This recipe from the Moosewood Restaurant is a great idea for a meatless main-course. You can make these burritos ahead of time and then reheat in the oven before serving.
9. Pumpkin Pie From Lesbos – An incredibly rich, Greek-style pumpkin pie made with phyllo and cheese. An impressive dessert.
10. Belize-Style Sweet Potato Pudding (vegan) – This rich tropical pudding is delicious warm, but you can also make it in advance and serve it chilled.