recipe adapted from Raw Fu
Ingredients & Supplies
- 3 Cup of raw shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup of agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 strawberries (optional)
- You could also vary them by adding 1/2 T cocoa or carob powder, 1 T Almond Butter, or 1/2 juiced orange.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until well mixed.
- Use a cookie scooper to make Tablespoon-sized balls or roll them by hand.
- Dehydrate at 105 degrees for 4-6 hours. If you want them a little crunchier, dehydrate them a little longer. You can also try making these in an oven on the lowest heat it will allow. Just keep an eye on these cookies, because they’ll dry out faster at 200 or 225 than at 105.
Hope you use at least one of the recipes and enjoy the results.
Photo Credit: norwichnuts via flickr under a CC license