Eating Vegan: 10 Brunch Ideas
There’s something special about making brunch. Usually, a brunchy day is one where we slept in and maybe friends or family are joining us for a low-key time of food, coffee, and catching up.
Many traditional brunch dishes call for eggs, cheese, and meat, but there are lots of tasty vegan brunch foods out there! These are some of my favorites.
- Who doesn’t love a stack of pancakes? This 5 minute pancake recipe is my go-to for a lazy Sunday breakfast or brunch. It’s very versatile. You can try using wheat flour instead of white and add any mix ins you like from bananas and berries to nuts or chocolate chips.
- I love a dish that you can make in the oven, because it means you’re less likely to still be cooking when guests arrive. This mini broccoli quiche recipe fits the bill with not an egg in sight!
- If you’ve got a fridge full of leftovers, you can toss them into an easy tofu scramble for a hearty brunch dish.
- A delicious brunch doesn’t need meat to be complete! Check out this recipe for tempeh bacon over at Healthy Happy Life.
- The Vegan Mouse shares a simple way to whip up vegan sausage puffs that even her sausage-loving husband enjoyed.
- Oh, mighty potato! It would not be brunch without you. Vegan Yum Yum has it covered (literally!) with her cheesy vegan hash browns. If fake cheese isn’t your thing, just leave it out.
- To lighten that coffee without the animal products, check out our roundup of tasty milk alternatives.
- Muffins are a tasty brunch addition. This you can substitute any seasonal fillings you like in this mulberry muffin recipe.
- Breakfast burritos make for super versatile brunch food. You can fix them yourself or put out wrappers and fillings so your guests and roll their own. Filling ideas: tofu scramble, beans, salsa, vegan cheese, avocado, tahini, lettuce or sprouts, sliced fruits and veggies, diced potato.
- Grits are a southern staple, and vegan southern style grits are a yummy alternative to more traditional shrimp and grits.
Need more vegan brunch inspiration? Vegan superstar Isa Chandra Moskowitz has an entire book dedicated just to homestyle brunch recipes! I’d love to hear your vegan brunch ideas, too!